FOSS-friendly random geek; driven and distracted by ADHD; blogs too much
Help me maintain my site and my sanity while I write CC-licensed posts about tech and life!
I blog. My posts usually discuss using software tools -- mostly Free and Open Source command line tools. It is a personal blog, so there's other stuff: a smattering of unfocused thoughts, marginalia, and the occasional drawing or knitted creation. The creative commons is important to me. Freely shared software and knowledge helped me start a career in tech. That pool of communal knowledge goes stagnant if we don't keep feeding it. I license all original material posted to my site CC BY 4.0 and have since 2007.
Monetization has not been so important to me, but the economy is unpredictable in the best of times. 2020 is not the best of times. If my shared misadventures could earn me the occasional cup of coffee, that would be sufficient. If they could earn enough for meals, meds, or bills? That would be better.
- Recently I started applying IndieWeb principles to my site
- I often write a little code to help with a non-tech task, like using Python to create grids for drawing
- Sometimes it amuses me to write about my drawing process
- The last couple years I've been building skill with Taskwarrior, a command line task tracker, though Emacs org mode often tempts me
- These novelty potholders I crocheted for a friend were strangely popular
randomgeek té els següents comptes en altres plataformes:
randomgeek es va unir fa 1 any.